Swallow-tailed kite sighting? Report Sighting Here!
"I have traveled worldwide and seen countless centers and this is the absolute best of its kind I have ever seen anywhere" - Jack Hanna
ATTENTION: The Town of Awendaw is hosting a Christmas Parade this Saturday, December 10 beginning at 2pm. Seewee Road will be closed during the parade. Anyone planning to visit the Center for the afternoon program that day should plan to be on campus by 1:30pm.
Only available until January 1, 2015, check out these WILD holiday gift ideas...
To identify and address vital environmental issues by providing medical care to injured birds of prey and shorebirds, and through educational, research and conservation initiatives.
The Avian Conservation Center and its principal operating division, The Center for Birds of Prey:
- Operates a professional avian medical clinic for injured birds of prey and some shorebird species
- Offers on-site and outreach educational programs to students and adults
- Conducts relevant field and laboratory research studies
- Participates in and supports international conservation issues
- Is a first-line responder for oiled birds in the event of a contaminant spill affecting native bird populations and their fragile breeding habitats along the South Atlantic coast
- Serves as a primary resource for creating ongoing awareness of the ecological impacts of a contaminant spill and makes available proactive measures to reduce the likelihood of such an event