"I have traveled worldwide and seen countless centers and this is the absolute best of its kind I have ever seen anywhere."Jack Hanna
The Bird's Nest - News from the Center
Upcoming Special Events at the Center:
Saturdays, April 30, May 14, June 4 & 11 – Bird Walks at the Center
Painted Buntings, Indigo Buntings, Wood Storks and Roseate Spoonbill… what do these things have in common? At certain times of
the year, you can see these rare birding treats on the Center for Birds of Prey campus in Awendaw.
This two-hour walk will be led by an experienced staff member. Space is limited to 20 participants and advanced reservations are required.
$20 MEMBER RATE
$25 NON-MEMBER RATE
After the bird walk, guests will be invited to join the regular morning bird of prey tour and flight demonstration at no additional cost.
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 843.971.7474.
We are hiring!
The Guest Services Representative is the “front desk” of the Center for Birds of Prey. This position is responsible for providing customer service, merchandise and ticket sales, and guest check in, and will be the primary attendant for visitor management on public days. The Guest Services Representative is also responsible for revenue/cash accountability and sales reports.
This is a part-time position (every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:15a to 5:15p) with an hourly pay rate based on experience.
- Prior customer service experience strongly preferred
- Ability to manage high-volume customer interaction and to problem-solve on-the-spot customer requests and/or complaints, as needed
- Experience with ticket/merchandise sales and money handling
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize responsibilities
- High-school diploma or equivalent education
- Familiarization with the Center’s structure, operation and mission
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please!